Saturday, May 11, 2013

SWEET layout

For some reason when I saw the Kiwi Lane Design Templates challenge sketch this week:


I immediately thought of "The Sweet Stack" paper from Die Cuts With a View. I still don't know why...

Anyway, I LOVED this sketch! Mostly because I actually own all the templates used for it! Yay! So here is my 2-page version using Close To My Heart stamps, the DCWV paper, and Kiwi Lane's Scallops, Cascade Trails, and Brackets templates:


As you can see, I am still psychologically unable to place anything crooked on my page. Even though the sketch looks so cute with skewed elements... nope! Can't do it!


Here I have pretty much copied exactly how the incredibly talented design team member used the circle for a  circle-date stamp. Except her stamp was slightly different, so it's not REALLY copying now is it? ;)

Go HERE to see her page from the sketch and a bunch of other good ones.


I wanted the edge of my layout to be swirly to match the pattern in the paper, so I stamped instead of sewed. I also used cut-outs from the paper in place of the journaling spots. 

Next time I print photos this layout will have pictures of my 2-year-old eating her Dad's ice-cream cake!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment