Friday, September 30, 2011

Make It From Your Heart Winner! (and loser)

Close To My Heart has a consultant contest called Make It From Your Heart each time a new catalog is released. They have a ton of categories to enter, so you think I would try to enter as many as possible to win... Instead I lost track of time and only entered two... But half of them won!

This is my winning card:


I used the Believe paper packet and a whole lot of patience! Here is a detail shot:


I became very comfortable with my Xacto knife after this tree! I stamped the outline image first, then cut out the windows, and then cut little paper pieces to fit. I painted the new Dimensional Elements Shapes stars and the edges of all the dark green with Pearl Paint. I stitched floss through the ribbon so I could tie on my circle tag. Insane amount of work? Yes! But I won!

This one is my loser... but I still like it:


I used the Wonderland paper packet and a lot of sparkles:


It is hard to see in the picture, but I stamped the Dimensional Elements snowflake with a design before sponging and painting it. I have always loved this card pattern! It is just so clean and elegant; perfect for an icy blue and sparkly winter card!

Thanks for looking! If you want to see more or know my exact recipes, they are all  HERE at Close To My Heart's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment