Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spotlight on ME!

Quick!

Everyone go to Close To My Heart founder Jeanette Lynton's blog HERE!

Did you go see?!

I am the spotlighted artist!!!

All my projects were created using the same ONE stamp set: A Note For You. I wanted to show how versatile Close To My Heart's stamp set were; and how with just one $9.95 set you can create all sorts of fun things:


First up is a little 3x3 card that uses ONLY colonial white cardstock, twine, and ink:


When you stamp the petals of the A Note For You set in a line, they make fabulous ruffles! Only glue on the tops and fluff out the bottoms for more dimension:


Next I made a standard-sized card, but traced the edge of a White Daisy Die-Cut Card onto my cardstock:


I stamped the outline edges of the flower and leaves on the back of my patterned paper and used the lines as a stitching guide. Yes, a bit more time involvement, but it makes all the difference:


Last, but my favorite, is a good use for the billions of baby food jars I just can't seem to throw away:


Good use of garbage and scraps, huh! I stamped the flower outline on the back of patterned paper again, but then cut to the center and overlapped a petal (or cut out some petals completely) to make 3D flowers. I threaded wire through buttons, out the back of the flower, and wrapped the whole piece onto sticks from my yard. Add some hemp, curl the petals, and viola! 


I'm so happy I won! Especially since I am actually proud of these projects :) 

Thanks for listening to me brag!






No comments:

Post a Comment