Monday, August 26, 2013

Aquamarine #7

I love sketches!

Anything that can help me get a whole layout done start to finish with a 2-year-old with a cold on a stool next to me in one day is magical!

Scrapbook Steals posts Mid Week Mojo sketches every Wednesday. Visit their site HERE to get more info. They name the sketches after gemstones! My dad is a jeweler, and I happen to love good Aquamarines, and I happen to love this sketch... so here goes my first attempt at a Mid Week Mojo!

Here is sketch Aquamarine #7:


And of course I turned it into a 2-pager:


I really like how it turned out! Especially since it was so quick! I'm still trying to figure out how I made anything remotely artistic so quickly...

The pictures are my daughter a few years ago in a totally pink outfit sewn by her Nana. She put the hood of the jacket up, grabbed a bucket of fake food, and informed me that she was "Little Pink Ridinghood." 


I love the rounded journaling bubbles! Expect to see this again! I used super old paper from a company that doesn't exist anymore, felt letters from a company that doesn't exist anymore, and fiber/string retired long ago from Close To My Heart. It's sad how many scrapbook companies are going out of business...

But not Scrapbook Steals! They have a new "steal" every morning and evening at 9:00. And I do mean steal... I buy lots from them...

Anyway, fun times with a good sketch! 




No comments:

Post a Comment