Sunday, September 15, 2013

DT Doodles #35

This week over at Kiwi Lane ALL the sketches were card sketches!!

4 of them!

Since the scallop and flower templates are what sucked me into Kiwi Lane-ness in the first place, I picked this sketch:

 
...and turned it into a 2-page layout:
 
 
I used some of my favorite My Minds Eye paper for pictures of my baby girl!
 
Who is now 2... I don't scrapbook in order anymore. I got too "behind". 

 
I traced the edge of my scallop template on my paper, followed it with liquid glue, and stuck on some yarn to make this border. It matches because my baby is wearing a crochet hat in the photo. Just imagine the matching!

 
I have noticed that for some reason, I am "allowed" to hand-journal on my Kiwi Lane layouts. It makes no sense! I HATE my handwriting and usually use stamps or typing. Maybe it's the more "hand-cut" feel of the layout that lets me expose my 3rd grade handwriting?
 
And because I already had all my stuff out, I made a card too:
 
 
All Close To My Heart mixed and matched paper! It's blank so it's versatile!
 
Go HERE to see what everyone else did.
 
Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment