Sunday, June 2, 2013

DT Doodles #21

This one almost didn't get finished! I'll show you why in the next few days...

But I've entered every Kiwi Lane challenge for a long time now; it's difficult to "miss" a week!

Plus it's the only way I can justify scrapbooking :)

Here is the sketch:


The Design Team girl's layout was really cute and really different from anything I usually do (go see what I mean HERE) so I tried to incorporate some of her style into my layout along with the actual sketch. I tried:

 

Sorry for the slightly fuzzy photo. It is WAAAAY too sunny here (I hate summer) so I had to find a corner and turn off my flash and apparently I moved but naptime is almost over... So click on it the picture to make it bigger and that might help!


The designer outlined everything with different colored pens. I don't usually do that, but I LOVE the way it looks on other people's layouts! So I thought I'd give it a try:


I still think I suck at "doodling", but I do like how the finished product turned out! 

I used the Kiwi Lane Abbie Road 12" templates and Big Floral with Basic Grey and Close To My Heart paper. All the little embellishments and journaling spots are Basic Grey as well.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment