Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Wreath!

Since I am on a wreath-for-every-holiday kick, I made this:


My Easter Ribbon Wreath!

I'm sure you loaded up on JoAnns 50% off Easter ribbon a few weeks ago and would like to make one as well! Here's how:

You will need:
***some type of wreath frame (mine is one of those cheap straw ones, just covered in white ribbon)
***a bazillion strips of ribbon cut to 4.5 inches in length (I used 12 rolls of 9 foot ribbon)
***scissors to cut said ribbon
***glue gun and TONS of glue gun sticks


Here is where I cheated. The only not-very-helpful tutorial I could find about ribbon wreaths says to SEW all the strips of ribbon in half. So for me, that would be about 288 little strips... not going to happen!!!

I just folded mine in half and put glue on each side:


Then I stuck it to my frame with the little ends flaring out so the ribbon stands up straight:


I decided to do a big batch of each type of ribbon I had at a time to make sure things were evenly distributed.

Here is my lovely wreath in progress after one go round:


And after four:


Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Not hard, just time!

See all these holes:


Make them all go away!

Pretty soon:


Ta Daaaaaa! Finished Easter Ribbon Wreath!

I like how this one looks so much I just might copy it with different ribbon for a different occasion!


One last tip, I will say it was nice to have my wide ribbon be wired. After all was glued and done I could "fluff" it out to even any gaps!

Let me know if you make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment